Welcome to the VLGAA
The Virginia Local Government Auditors Association is a statewide organization dedicated to promoting the local government audit profession.
at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel hosted by at the Sheraton Virginia Beach Oceanfront Hotel hosted by Virginia Beach Public Schools (8 hours of CPE)
Our Objectives Are
To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and methodologies.
To promote compliance with professional standards.
To provide an association to work together for common interest.
To share knowledge concerning local government auditing.
A Little History
In 1988, a small group of Virginia Local government auditors started meeting to share methods and common experiences. This small group has developed into a formal organization with over 100 members statewide.
VLGAA is your advocate on issues affecting local government auditing.
- Economical Education and training on important audit topics.
- Opportunities for networking with other professionals.
- Discussion of important audit issues and methodologies with peers.
- VLGAA Newsletter for association and local government audit updates.
- Semi-annual membership meetings are held in the spring and fall at locations throughout the State.